Weddings are hard work, and it falls to the maid of honor to help handle some important details. She’s the go-to person for the bride when it comes to guidance, a fresh perspective and, well, some of the heavy lifting. Ladies, the bride is then “QUEEN” of the day, “THE CENTRE OF ATTRACTION”. I say this because i have noticed a common thing, because you are the maid of honor and you are wearing an elegant dress, shoe, hair and makeup doesn’t make you anywhere equal to the bride. for God sake you are the “MAID” of honor, you are at the service of the bride. But most MOH’s forget their duties, instead they feel like the super star of the day. I have seen brides trip over their dresses while the MOH is busy standing and smiling at the camera. Or do I talk about a sweating bride, while the MOH is busy making sure she is not stained with sweat. Being tapped as an honor attendant can be a chore, but it’s also a tremendous compliment and a lot of fun. If you’re on the lookout for fresh information you can use for your own wedding, participating in a friend’s arrangements can be an eye opener that may save you time. The maid of honor also has some specific wedding day duties beyond wearing a big smile and keeping the bride happy:
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE MAID OF HONOR..
* Keeper of the brides bouquet during the ceremony. Make sure you have a free hand.
* Sign the marriage license as a witness, along with the best man. Or Witness the marriage license signing.
* Make sure the bride takes a moment to eat something — refresh her drink, get her a plate of food from the buffet table.
* Be part of the receiving line at the reception or act as a greeter.
* Keep a record of all the gifts received at various parties and showers (or delegate a bridesmaid to handle this).
* Collect any gift envelopes brought to the reception and keep them in a safe place.
* Help the bride change for her honeymoon and take charge of her gown after the ceremony. Arrange for storage in a safe place until she returns.
* Troubleshoot emotional crises. In most cases, this will require lots of tissues, hugging, and hair-smoothing. The MOH continues to be a trusted friend, and a smart advisor. Keep the bride laughing. For the stressed-out bride, laughter can be as effective as venting.
* Last but not the least. Lend an ear. Whether it’s about the planning, the marriage, or the registry china patterns, the MOH should assure the bride that she has someone with whom she can share her thoughts. Even if she seems to dwell on the same subjects repeatedly, the MOH keeps listening. Provide moral support and be a great listener throughout the process since it is a very wonderful and “positively” stressful time for your friend. You can really make the difference!
follow us on:
facebook: jua signatures
pinterest: jua signatures
google+ jua signatures